Thursday, May 7, 2009

I Need an Accessories Intervention.

I have an unhealthy relationship with accessories. It's a bit masochistic, really.

Just like a needy teenage girl gravitates towards loser boys with a long rap sheet, I gravitate towards accessories that are useless and cause me strife.

When I buy purses, I tend to get trendy, colorful, seasonal handbags. That doesn't sound so terrible, does it? It's not, if you are one of those uber-trendy people who consistently switch up their handbag weekly. I am not.

I buy these purses with that goal in mind, but I have been known to carry a spring purse around during Christmas, and vice versa.

My adorable robin's egg blue leather Coach satchel? Bought in August, carried around until May, in Ireland, when it was no longer large enough to hold my passport, hotel card, travel itineraries, and souvenirs. I bought a HOT black and cream tote, carried until July, when the handles ripped the day I left for vacation. I hastily bought a cute yellow and canvas summery tote at Target, which I carried until October, when my new 1154 Lill clutch arrived. This clutch, which I am still carrying, has become the bane of my existence. Once, I was careful to not get it dirty, to keep it lightly packed, lest I ruin its shape, and was determined to not overuse it. Now, I throw spare change in the bottom (discoloring the gorgeous fabric that I personally picked out for it), cram every piece of technology (BlackBerry, iPod, camera, GPS) I can into it, and have brought it everywhere.

After being told my numerous people (family, friends, coworkers) that I need to get a new purse, I embarked on my mission to find the right bag. It needs to be big enough to hold all my garbage, but not so big that I start carrying around useless stuff. It should be fun and bright, because that's how I roll. :) It should be sturdy, but not ridiculously priced.



Sigh. I love this. But purple? Really? I own nothing purple. So why would I want a purple tote? Because I like purses that are bad for me.

And this, this is a masterpiece. I love it.


I don't care if it's big enough to transport a small family. I want it.

And then look! It's counterpart, but a clutch!

I know what you're thinking...but Beth, you don't need a clutch. You are trying to get rid of the clutch you have now so you have a spare hand to open your front door, carry an umbrella in the rain, etc., both of which you were unable to do yesterday...

I know. But I want it.

Guess who's going to Target to check all three of these out this weekend?

This girl.

10 bucks says I come back with something completely ridiculous, and likely in fall colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment