Saturday, May 9, 2009

OK...My Turn

While I love this dog to death i honestly think we got the one pup in the litter that had ADD. For example, Beth and I were in other room one day andbecuase we wer enot paying attention to him, he tried to eat a cup. Are you freaking kidding me?!? But I realize a major problem is that he does not see both of us all the time. He spends most of his time with Beth and when I finish school I will be moving in with him and I hope things change. He challenge her on a daily basis and sometimes it's funny, sometimes it is not. But I will work with him as much as possible to make sure he is trained to the best of our abilities.

Now when Beth said she wanted to get a dog, I was ecstatic because I wanted a dog real bad. I did not realize she wanted a small dog though and that took some getting use to. I have had a large dogs my whole life. When she found him and we went over to see him. I really liked him. He was a lot more calm at his foster home and now that he is in our place he is on a 24/7 sugar rush. I really do like him. He is a very intelligent dog and he picks up on things quickly, which is good and bad at times.

Overall I love dogs and he is no exception I just hope that Beth and I can come to some agreement on a training method. Right now what is going on is not working so we are hoping that thing swill change. But these past couple of weeks have not been the most consistent. As mentioned earlier I was finishing up the semester and not able to be at the house. When I am there with him he is alright, still a little misbehaving but not terrible, but when I talk to Beth on the phone I can hear him barking and doing God knows what in the background. But after today I will be at the house permanently and able to help Beth with the Little runt. We will keep you updated on our progress. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment